[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
About enigmail in EdgeBSD
- To: EdgeBSD Users <edgebsd-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: About enigmail in EdgeBSD
- From: Pierre Pronchery <khorben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 01:58:13 +0200
- Delivered-to: edgebsd-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: The EdgeBSD Project
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; NetBSD amd64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.8.0
Dear EdgeBSD users,this is an informal bug report (and reminder) that the enigmail add-on to Mozilla Thunderbird is currently broken in EdgeBSD. This is also a reason I am currently unable to sign and encrypt e-mails conveniently, sadly.
/usr/pkg/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird /usr/pkg/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird-bin /usr/pkg/lib/thunderbird/plugin-container (as found in pkgsrc's -current)On the other hand Mozilla Firefox' JIT engine uses a different memory allocator that seems to know about W^X for a few versions now, and I have no trouble there at the moment - even with PIE, ASLR, and W^X enabled.
Cheers & HTH, -- khorben