[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Introducing the integration branches
- To: EdgeBSD developers <edgebsd-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Introducing the integration branches
- From: Pierre Pronchery <khorben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 18:46:44 +0200
- Delivered-to: edgebsd-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: The EdgeBSD Project
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; NetBSD amd64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.0.1
Hi everyone, during discussions at pkgsrcCon 2015 it became clear that EdgeBSD needs to better list its differences with the NetBSD project, beginning with that of the code base. A new namespace for branches was thus introduced, called "integration". It aims at presenting ongoing work already integrated, or pending a merge to the EdgeBSD code base, while not part of NetBSD at that time. You will find such branches in both edgebsd-src.git and edgebsd-pkgsrc.git repositories already: http://git.edgebsd.org/gitweb/?p=edgebsd-src.git;a=heads http://git.edgebsd.org/gitweb/?p=edgebsd-pkgsrc.git;a=heads Of course the goal remains to stay as close as possible to NetBSD's own code base and quality standard. We keep pushing for inclusion of this work upstream, continuously trying to improve the changes as required. Cheers, -- khorben
- Prev by Date: [edgebsd-developers] Welcome, cfkoch!
- Next by Date: Improving security in the binary distribution
- Previous by thread: Re: [edgebsd-developers] Welcome, cfkoch!
- Next by thread: Improving security in the binary distribution