[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [edgebsd-developers] Latest news
- To: edgebsd-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [edgebsd-developers] Latest news
- From: Pierre Pronchery <khorben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 02:32:19 +0200
- Delivered-to: edgebsd-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Organization: The EdgeBSD Project
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; NetBSD amd64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.8.0
Dear developers, On 13/04/2017 01:51, Pierre Pronchery wrote:
The mail infrastructure was in a bad state and I finally fixed it last week - as you can see now. In order to improve its reliability, I am considering separating incoming SMTP (port 25) from outgoing SMTP with authentication (port 587, submission).
This is now the case; please use port 587 (submission) for outgoing SMTP traffic from now on (requires authentication obviously).
I keep pulling in security fixes as much as I can to the pkgsrc_2016Q1 branch, while getting ready to switch to the pkgsrc_2017Q1 branch (still no binaries available though).
The pkgsrc_2017Q1 branch is pretty much ready to start generating packages again. I hope I will have better luck with bulk building this time; I will let you know.
Cheers, -- khorben
- Latest news
- From: Pierre Pronchery
- Latest news